- University of Nebraska-Lincoln 2008 to 2012
- Bachelor of Journalism with emphasis in advertising and a passion for copywriting
Anthology Marketing Group: April 2016 to present
- Account Executive
- Anthology marketing group is a multi-faceted agency that caters to a clients’ every need: public relations, advertising, digital and research.
- I coordinate public relations efforts for clients like the Battleship Missouri Memorial and the Transform Hawaii Government Coalition.
- I am the social media consultant for accounts like the Hawaii Tobacco Quitline, Ka Makana Alii and Hawaii Pacific Health.
Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki: August 2015 to March 2016
- Social Media analyst and reputation manager
- Hilton Worldwide has been a leader in the hospitality industry. I was a one-woman social media team who took hold of a fluctuating program, turned it around and made it steady and successful. In addition to creating the social program strategy, I was also the caretaker of the day-to-day goings on of the social channels.
- I worked with the marketing and eCommerce departments to outline measurable, actionable goals for the social program.
- I developed the long-term strategy for the social program based up on those goals, planning all social support for everything from paid media campaigns supporting sales to showcasing fun island events.
- I created a yearly strategy calendar as well as a weekly content calendar to insure all posts being published were on-message and reflected the goals we wanted to achieve.
- I planned, crafted and published all content that was published on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
- I collaborated with agencies, photographers and videographers to create unique content to feature.
Cabela’s: June 2013 to May 2015
- Senior Social Media Specialist
- Cabela’s outfits you with the gear you need to enjoy your time outdoors. I drafted, managed and published over 100 pieces of content per week on Cabela’s social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram and Youtube. I published over 6,000 individual pieces of content in 2014.
- Community management was a key part of my role. I interacted with fans on a one-on-one basis, creating brand advocates and influencers.
- I conducted reporting and analysis on social posts performance to understand adjustments that need to be made to content.
- I helped create and then managed the customer care team, which consisted of five outfitters, for the Cabela’s social channels. This was the very first time the company had customer care on social
- I am experienced in setting up and monitoring paid media on Facebook and Twitter.
- I built collaborative relationships with other business units to ensure authentic storytelling on all social channels. I captured an accurate brand voice and produce relevant content for our audience.
PartnerComm: June 2012 to June 2013
- Communications Consultant
- Clients: Best Buy, Nordstrom, Cisco, JPMorgan Chase, Rockwell Automation, Bell Helicopter, Castlight
- PartnerComm has been turning legalese into everyday language that employees can understand. I generated outstanding employee communication associated with wellness and enrollment campaigns.
National Student Advertising Competition: January 2012 to May 2012
- Lead Copywriter
- Client: Nissan
- Only 19 of the 153 teams that competed in the program advanced to nationals. I served as the head copywriter and executed successful copy that led to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s victory. I worked with a team to produce content for media including radio, television, social media and more.
Thought District (now Agent): January 2012 to May 2012
- Copywriting Intern
- Clients: Scooters, Complete Nutrition
- Thought District specializes in creating strategies and brands across more than 20 industries. I wrote compelling radio scripts for Complete Nutrition to air locally
Ervin & Smith: September 2011 to January 2012
- Copywriting Intern
- Clients: TD Ameritrade and Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Ervin & Smith uses marketing and PR to help unlock brand potential. I worked closely with the copywriting staff, learning and perfecting my writing skills. I contributed towards emails and print material for TD Ameritrade and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Proficient in the content management system WordPress
- Expert in social media management system Adobe Social
- Former Vice President of Public Relations for local chapter of Toastmasters International in Westminster, CO
- Chief of Staff, opinion editorial columnist and reviewer for Infinite Comix
- Contributor to ComicsBulletin.com and PsychoDriveIn.com